FOUR COUNTY ADAMHS BOARD
T-761 SR 66
Archbold, Ohio 43502
April 13, 2023
- Call to Order and Introduction of Guests
Board chairperson John Nye called the April meeting of the Four County ADAMhs Board to order at 5:30 p.m.
Present: Karen Bleeks, Sandy Herman, Tod Hug, Marcia Mohre, John Nye, Michelle Oyer-Rose, Cindy Rose, Stephen Seagrave, Wayne Smith, Scott Stiriz, Sandi Weirauch, Mari Yoder
Absent: Jeff Mayer, Roy Miller, William Richter, M.D.
Guests: Roberta Mack, Center for Child and Family Advocacy; Connie Planson, Maumee Valley Guidance Center; Ruth Peck, Recovery Services of Northwest Ohio; Christine McVay, OhioGuidestone; Alicia Ricker, NOCAC/PATH
Staff Present: Rob Giesige, Diane Goyings, Tonie Long, Bethany Shirkey
- Community Response-Christine McVay, OhioGuidestone, reported the agency has received a SAMSA grant that will allow them to expand crisis services to one full time and one part time (4 hour) 2nd shift person.
- Approval of Board Minutes of January 12, 2023
MOTION: Tod Hug SECOND: Sandy Herman MOTION PASSED
4. Board Ends
- Policy Review
- Board member Stephen Seagrave reported that he has reviewed Policy 1.3 (Subsidy Priorities) and the Board is in compliance.
- Board member Jeff Mayer reported that he has reviewed Policy 1.4 (Statement of Principals) and the Board is in compliance.
- Board member Scott Stiriz reported that he has reviewed Policy 2.2 (Board Responsibility Areas) and the Board is in compliance.
- Board member Tod Hug reported that he has reviewed Policy 2.4 (Board Discipline) and the Board is in compliance. Tod proposed changing the policy to include all nine reasons for going into executive session.
Motion to approve adding all reasons for going into executive session to Policy 2.4 (Board Discipline)
MOTION: Marcia Mohre SECOND: Mari Yoder MOTION PASSED
An updated copy will be emailed to the Board prior to the next meeting.
- Board member Michelle Oyer-Rose reported that she has reviewed Policy 3.2 (CEO Job Expectations) and the Board is in compliance
- Board member Sandy Herman reported that she has reviewed Policy 3.3 (CEO Performance) and the Board is in compliance. Sandy proposed removing the review date from all policies.
- Board member Karen Bleeks reported that she has reviewed Policy 4.3 (Protection of Assets) and the Board is in compliance.
5. Board Monitoring
- 3rd Quarter Utilization-Tonie Long reported totals for screens were consistent. No complaints were filed for the quarter and only 1 for the year. Client access to care-Center is now in compliance. OhioGuidestone showed much improvement. Residential numbers, number of days to treatment and out/county are all in compliance.
- CEO Report-Rob gave updates on the two building projects. Renovations have started for the recovery housing building purchased by Recovery Services. The state approved renovations to Serenity Haven, which will be combined into one project with the women’s recovery building recently purchased. New
Home Development Company (NHDC) purchased 16 acres next to Upton Heights with local trust
money. NHDC was approved by the state to receive funding for the new building. Triangular Processing has contracted with K & P for transportation. The agencies are to let Rob know if they don’t hear from K & P in the next few days.
- Board member Marcia Mohre reported that she has reviewed Policy 4.1 (Financial Conditions) and that the Board is in compliance. (A copy of the FY23 third quarter report follows the meeting minutes.)
6. Approval of the Approval Agenda
- The Four County Board of Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services authorizes and directs its CEO to carry out the following duties on behalf of the Four County ADAMhs Board: Take all necessary steps to negotiate and execute the following service contracts, not to exceed the indicated amounts for the 2024 fiscal year.
Center for Child and Family Advocacy – $ 225,000
Maumee Valley Guidance Center – $1,727,550
New Home Development Company – $1,000,500
Northwest Ohio Community Action Commission – $ 95,000
OhioGuidestone – $1,494,796
Quadco Rehabilitation Center – $ 25,000
Recovery Services of Northwest Ohio, Inc. – $1,250,000
Health Partners of Western Ohio – $ 540,000
Arrowhead Behavioral Health – $ 100,000
Williams County Health Department – $ 115,000
County Drug Free Coalitions – $ 100,000
- To authorize payment of the itemized list of bills as presented to the Board at the April 13, 2023 board meeting under the provision of Then and Now Certificates. (A copy of the list follows the meeting minutes.)
- To authorize filing calendar year 2023 adjusted appropriations and estimated revenue, as submitted to the Board, and to authorize the CEO to make any and all necessary adjustments to calendar year 2023 appropriations and estimated revenue to carry out the fiscal functions of the Board as allowed in ORC Section 340.032.
- To authorize the CEO to sign a contract with Carla B. Davis at $135 per hour to provide legal representation for the Board Pursuant to ORC 5122.15(A)(10). The rates are per hearing and per hour, in the event time devoted to any one hearing exceeds one hour, for the period July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024.
- To authorize the CEO to contract with Amanda Waldfogel for the period April 21, 2023 through June 30, 2024 as consumer advocate/support group leader with the contract not to exceed $3,000 (or at the rate of $100 per meeting with participants and $25 per meeting with no participants), an amount that includes reimbursement for travel, meetings and other expenses directly related to the work assignments for the Four County ADAMhs Board.
- To appoint Jay Budde to the Guardianship Service Board.
- To provide an amount not to exceed $10,000.00 for support of Sufficient Grace Ministries for the period July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024 upon receipt of a budget. Payment will be on an expense reimbursement basis.
Whereas the Four County ADAMhs Board’s first priority community capital project is to renovate a 10-bed women’s recovery housing unit and renovate Serenity Haven with Recovery Services of NW Ohio;
The Board approves this project with an assurance of intent to support and to fund the Applicant’s program consistent with the application and, in addition, to annually monitor the program and operations of the facility to assure compliance.
- To authorize the Board CEO to sign an amendment to the SFY 2023 contract with Recovery Services of NW Ohio for an amount not to exceed $300,000.00 for the period July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023
- To authorize the CEO to sign an amendment to the SFY 2023 contract with Maumee Valley Guidance Center for an amount not to exceed $12,000.00 for the period July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
- To authorize the Board CEO to sign an amendment to the SFY 2023 contract with Recovery Services of NW Ohio for an amount not to exceed $75,000.00 for the period July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
Motion to approve approval agenda adding item K.
MOTION: Wayne Smith SECOND: Michelle Oyer-Rose MOTION PASSED
7. New Business
- The nominating committee will meet 15 minutes prior to the May Board meeting. A list of proposed officers will be presented at the meeting. Officers will be elected at the June meeting.
- Executive Session
Motion to go into executive session for the purpose of employment of a public employee.
MOTION: Tod Hug SECOND: Sandy Herman MOTION PASSED
Karen Bleeks, yes; Sandy Herman, yes; Tod Hug, yes; Marcia Mohre, yes; John Nye, yes; Michelle Oyer-Rose, yes; Cindy Rose, yes; Stephan Seagrave, yes; Wayne Smith, yes; Scott Stiriz, yes; Sandra Weirauch, yes; Mari Yoder, yes.
Roll Call: 12 yes, 0 no MOTION PASSED
The Board went into executive session at approximately 6:21 p.m.
The Board returned to regular session at approximately 6:46 p.m.
No action taken.
MOTION: Stephen Seagrave SECOND: Tod Hug MOTION PASSED
The meeting adjourned at 6:47 p.m.