FOUR COUNTY ADAMHS BOARD
T-761 SR 66
Archbold, Ohio 43502
September 8, 2022
- Call to Order and Introduction of Guests
Board chairperson John Nye called the September meeting of the Four County ADAMhs Board to order at 5:30 p.m.
Present: Karen Bleeks, Sandy Herman, Tod Hug, Marcia Mohre, John Nye, Cindy Rose, Stephen Seagrave, Scott Stiriz, Sandi Weirauch, Mari Yoder
Absent: Jeff Mayer, Roy Miller, Michelle Oyer-Rose, William Richter, M.D., Wayne Smith
Guests: Connie Planson, Maumee Valley Guidance Center; Ruth Peck, Recovery Services of Northwest Ohio; Christine McVay, OhioGuidestone
Staff Present: Rob Giesige, Diane Goyings, Tonie Long, Bethany Shirkey
- Community Response-None
- Approval of Board Minutes of June 9, 2022
MOTION: Tod Hug SECOND: Sandi Weirauch MOTION PASSED
4. Board Ends
- Motion was made to approve the committee appointments as presented to the Board in Memo 9-8-22-1
MOTION: Stephen Seagrave SECOND: Cindy Rose MOTION PASSED
- Review of Policy 1.2 (Service Accessibility) was tabled until the next board meeting.
5. Board Monitoring
- FY22 Utilization Report-Tonie reported 224 total crisis screens were completed in the 4th quarter and the yearly total was 1,058. Total hospitalizations were 393 and youth hospitalizations for the year of 78 was up from last year. Zero grievances were filed in the 4th quarter. Access to care 1st contact to assessment was high for the Center and OhioGuidestone partly due to workforce shortage. Tonie will audit both of these groups in October and can ask for a Corrective Plan of Action at that time.
- CEO Report-Rob reported that the new 988 crisis number went into effect in mid-July. Data is in the process of being collected via ASCEND. A meeting will be held with hospital CEO’s to determine if they are willing to share data. The IEC therapist from OhioGuidestone resigned. The school navigator will provide extra counseling. Bethany and Drena are planning the next CIT training for the week of October 24. Tonie received a First Responders’ and Behavioral Health Professionals’ Grant that will be used for PSA’s on the radio thanking them for their service. Rob met with the four county judges to discuss a four county guardianship board.
- Board member Marcia Mohre reported that she has reviewed Policy 4.1 (Financial Conditions) and
that the Board is in compliance.
6. Approval of the Approval Agenda
- To authorize filing calendar year 2022 adjusted appropriations and estimated revenue as submitted to the Board, and to authorize the CEO to make any and all necessary adjustments to calendar year 2022 appropriations and estimated revenue to carry on the fiscal functions of the Board as allowed in ORC Section 340.032. (A copy follows the meeting minutes.)
- To authorize payment of the itemized list of bills as presented to the Board at the September 8, 2022 board meeting under the provision of Then and Now Certificates. (A copy of the list follows the meeting minutes.)
- To authorize the CEO to sign a Title XX contract with Quadco Rehabilitation Center to be used for vocational and employment services not to exceed $90,000 for the period of July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
- To provide funding support to CASA in an amount not to exceed $25,000 for the period September 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
- To authorize the CEO to execute agreements with OhioGuidestone, Maumee Valley Guidance Center and Recovery Services of NW Ohio to administer the Community Transitions Program. The total amount shall not exceed $42,722.70 for the period July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
- To authorize the CEO to sign an amendment to the SFY 2023 contract with Maumee Valley Guidance Center for an amount not to exceed $140,000.00 for the period July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
- To authorize the Board CEO to provide an additional amount not to exceed $7,000 to the Fulton County Common Pleas Court for the purpose of the FY23 Parent Coordination program. The FY23 total will not exceed $12,000. This is for the time period July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023. To authorize the Board CEO to provide an additional amount not to exceed $4,066 to the Fulton County Common Pleas Court for the purpose of the FY22 Parent Coordination program. The FY22 total will not exceed $9,066. This is for the time period July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022.
- To authorize the CEO to sign an agreement with Corrections Center of Northwest Ohio to administer the Criminal Justice Behavioral Linkage Grant for an amount not to exceed $236,228.32 for the period August 16, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
MOTION: Tod Hug SECOND: Mari Yoder MOTION PASSED
7. New Business
- Board members are reminded to send any change in email/address/phone number to Diane.
8. Executive Session
No executive session was needed.
MOTION: Steven Seagrave SECOND: Sandy Herman MOTION PASSED
The meeting adjourned at 6:00 p.m.