FOUR COUNTY ADAMHS BOARD
T-761 SR 66
Archbold, Ohio 43502
June 9, 2022
- Call to Order and Introduction of Guests
Board vice chairperson Sandy Herman called the June meeting of the Four County ADAMhs Board to order at 5:30 p.m.
Present: Karen Bleeks, Sandy Herman, Marcia Mohre, John Nye, William Richter, M.D., Cindy Rose, Wayne Smith, Sandi Weirauch, Mari Yoder
Absent: Tod Hug, Jeff Mayer, Roy Miller, Michelle Oyer-Rose, Stephen Seagrave, Scott Stiriz
Guests: Connie Planson, Maumee Valley Guidance Center
Staff Present: Rob Giesige, Tonie Long, Bethany Shirkey
- Community Response-None
- Approval of Board Minutes of May 12, 2022.
MOTION: Dr. Richter SECOND: Sandi Weirauch MOTION PASSED
4. Board Ends
- Policy Review
- Board member Mari Yoder reported that she has reviewed Policy 2.1 (Philosophy of Governance) and the Board is in compliance.
- Board member Sandy Herman reported that she has reviewed Policy 2.3 (Board Member Characteristics) and the Board is in compliance.
- Board member Tod Hug reported that he has reviewed Policy 4.4 (Budget Restrictions) and the Board is in compliance.
5. Board Monitoring
- CEO Report-Rob gave a Henry County Transportation Network update. The state auditor’s office is now conducting an audit. Depending on the audit results, the ADAMhs Board may request grant dollars in the future. OMHAS allocations totaling $2,588,943 were presented to the Board. FY2023 allocations were similar to last year. The 988 starting date is July 16, 2022.
6. Approval of the Approval Agenda
- To authorize payment of the itemized list of bills as presented to the Board at the June 9, 2022 board meeting under the provision of Then and Now Certificates. (A copy of the list follows the meeting minutes.)
- To authorize filing calendar year 2022 adjusted appropriations and estimated revenue, as submitted to the Board, and to authorize the CEO to make any and all necessary adjustments to calendar year 2022 appropriations and estimated revenue to carry out the fiscal functions of the Board as allowed in ORC Section 340.032.
- To approve the FY 2023 Board office budget as presented to the Board.
- To authorize the CEO to sign a cost reimbursement contract with Henry County Family Court and Fulton County Court of Common Pleas for an amount not to exceed $15,000 per court, for the period July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
- To authorize the CEO to contract with the NAMI Four County for public awareness and education services in the amount of $7,000 for the period July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
- To authorize the CEO to contract with the Williams County Juvenile Court for an amount not to exceed $50,000. This will be for the period July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
- To authorize the CEO to provide an amount not to exceed $35,000 to Fulton County Court of Common Pleas, an amount not to exceed $35,000 to Williams County Court of Common Pleas for the period July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
- To authorize the CEO to execute a contract with Mercy Health Systems for the provision of behavioral health services. The amount shall not exceed $125,000 for the period July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
- To authorize the CEO to execute a contract with University of Toledo Medical Center for the provision of behavioral health services. The amount shall not exceed $250,000 for the period July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
- To authorize the CEO to extend the contract with ProMedica for the provision of behavioral health services. The period will be July 1, 2022 through September 30, 2023.
- To authorize the Board CEO to execute agreements for the effective and efficient administration and treatment of the Addiction Treatment Program funds. This agreement will be consistent with all requirements as stipulated by the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services. The total amount shall not exceed $310,000 for the period July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
- To authorize the CEO to contract with the Montgomery County ADAMhs Board in the amount not to exceed $87,418 for the period July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2024 for Management Information, Claims Processing and Consultation Services related to the enrollment and billing for services.
MOTION: Dr. Richter SECOND: Wayne Smith MOTION PASSED
7. New Business
- 1. Dr. Richter suggested getting a gift card for outgoing chair, Tod Hug and future board chairs.
- Dr. Richter, chairman of the nominating committee, reported that receiving no other nominations, the following motion is made:
Motion to elect John Nye, chairperson; Sandy Herman, vice-chairperson for FY23.
MOTION: Dr. Richter SECOND: Marcia Mohre MOTION PASSED
- CEO Rob Giesige discussed possibly reassigning policies after a three year time period.
- Rob also informed the Board that the only fair booth that would be manned during the day will be Fulton. The other booths will be checked during the day to replenish information.
8. Executive Session
Motion to go into executive session for the purpose of employment of a public employee.
MOTION: Mari Yoder SECOND: John Nye MOTION PASSED
Karen Bleeks, yes; Sandy Herman, yes; Marcia Mohre, yes; John Nye, yes; Dr. Richter, yes; Cindy Rose, yes; Wayne Smith, yes; Sandra Weirauch, yes; Mari Yoder, yes.
Roll Call: 9 yes, 0 no MOTION PASSED
The Board went into executive session at approximately 6:12 p.m.
The Board returned to regular session at approximately 6:20 p.m.
Motion to recommend a 4% raise for the CEO based on job performance to be reviewed annually.
MOTION: Mari Yoder SECOND: Cindy Rose MOTION PASSED
MOTION: Dr. Richter SECOND: Karen Bleeks MOTION PASSED
The meeting adjourned at 6:25 p.m.